Skip to Main Content
PLC Use Policies
The PLC is reserved for academic study and collaboration purposes. All spaces are reserved for student, faculty, and staff use, accordingly:
- The open spaces on all 3 floors of the PLC may not be used for any purposes other than academic study and collaboration. No other meetings, events, gatherings, or proceedings are permitted.
- The 2nd floor is always a ‘Quiet Floor’ and no activities are permitted except library specific programming.
- For special campus-wide events, designated areas in the PLC may be used by administrative departments with advance scheduled reservation; e.g. Homecoming and Colloquium Day. However, these events shall not prevent students from using the PLC for study related purposes. For additional information and requests please contact the Director of Ceremonies & Signature Events in the Office of Advancement.
- The PLC has collaboration studios on each floor that may be used for group study, meetings, or other gatherings. Collaboration studios in the PLC are available for use to the entire Jewell community.
- Reservations must be made in advance via the event form on Jewell’s 25live platform which is accessible on Jewell Central.
- The larger 1st floor collaboration rooms may be reserved in advance with approval from the Heath Hase, the Director of Teaching and Learning Technologies.
- Requests for any exceptions must be made in advance through the Department of Library Services by contacting Rebecca Hamlett at email@example.com and will be at their discretion.